Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween 2012

Happy Halloween!  Brendan had school in the morning (dressed in orange and black) and the girls and I headed to our Look Into A Book class, with Megan dressed up as a firegirl (complete with dalmatian puppy stuffed into the pocket.)  The afternoon consisted of me getting ready to head to Madison when Brad got home from work.  When in Madison, we ate Mary's belated birthday supper (tortellini primavera, green beans, mixed spinach salad with homemade poppyseed dressing, and garlic bread), got the kids dressed, and headed out trick-or-treating.  The kids requested that we dress up too, so Brad was Batman, Mary put on a witch hat, and I put on my jack o' lantern bouncy headband thing (so technical, huh?)  We took a few pictures, I put Emily in the Baby Bjorn, and we headed out.  Brendan and Megan were much more into trick-or-treating this year, and the weather was beautiful (no wind and in the low 50's)  After trick-or-treating around Brad's parents' neighborhood, we headed to visit our friends Kristi and Scott, did a little trick-or-treating in their neighborhood, and then headed to Brad's Uncle Chuck and Aunt Korinne's.  We visited for awhile, trick-or-treated at a few houses around them, and then loaded up and headed back to Brad's parents' for dessert of bread pudding with caramel sauce and cheese and crackers.  We visited for awhile, got the kids into pj's, brushed their teeth really well, and headed home, where each child crashed hard in the van.  A very busy, but very fun-filled day!


Brendan (as a dragon-it was really a dinosaur, but there was not convincing him otherwise), Megan (as a frog) and Emily (as a half-giraffe.)


Trick-or-treating at Scott and Kristi's.


Brad, chatting with Kristi (dressed as a banana.)


Kristi and I.


The kids helping Korinne pass out candy to the trick-or-treaters.


Chuck, practicing his Grandpa-to-be skills on Emily (and it worked...she was wonderful for him...I couldn't believe it!)

No comments: