Thursday, October 25, 2012

Our First Snow Day of Fall 2012

We woke to snow on the ground!  The kids had to patiently wait for Emily to go down for her morning nap (or not-so-patiently, as the case was...but I'll try to forget about that!) and we layered up and headed outside.  We had a blast shoveling and making a fort, throwing snowballs (Brendan has gotten good since last winter!), and making and destroying a mini-snow-family.  By late afternoon the snow was all gone, but this was the first of many, many mornings spent out in the snow, I'm sure.  Now, if I can only remember to stock up on hot chocolate supplies before it snows again...


Most of the snow accumulation was in our back yard (which was out of the wind!) and the kids grabbed their shovels and got to work clearing our yard off.


Megan


Brendan


Uh oh, mom...DUCK!


Our mini-snow-family (Brad, Noelle, Brendan, Megan, and Emily)


Brendan, destroying our snow family.

No comments: