After Cathy's and Josh's wedding, we helped direct people to the receiving line, then headed back into the church to gather all of the decorations and our personal items and go to the reception. At the reception, the food was delicious (strawberry vinaigrette spinach salad, broccoli and cheese sauce, veggie tray, green beans, mashed potatoes, dressing, turkey, and bread for dinner and white cake with raspberry filling for the guests and lemon with raspberry wedding cake), the DJ was very good (I got to spin around the dance floor with my Megan and a bunch of my cousins' children a few times), and between Brad and I keeping an eye on three kids, we both got to visit. It was wonderful to get to talk with so many extended family and friends that we don't get to see very often. Many got to meet Emily for the first time. Predictably, my kids hit their wall at about nine pm, so we loaded up, had a pizza snack at the hotel, and got us all to bed. It was a jam-packed day that really couldn't have turned out any better. As touching as it was to watch my baby sis get married, I'm definitely looking forward to watching their relationship grow in the years to come. Congratulations, Cathy and Josh!
Dad and Uncle Greg
My cousin, Rose with her husband Jon, and their beautiful family (Kaitlyn, Mary, Jon, Andrew, Rose, Michael, Daniel and Julianna.)
My cousin, Julie (left) and my cousin, Sherry (right, who's expecting on January 1st) and Sherry's husband, Brian.
Part of the Pedro family! Carl, Rebecca, Anna Esther, Charissa, and Mary Kaye.
Cathy and Josh's wedding cake, with their beautiful, personalized cake topper. They had the topper carved just for them, and it matches them exactly (dress and uniform details, etc.)
My Aunt Lois, (left), my cousin, Patrick (middle right), his wife, Heidi (middle left) and their son, Gavin (right.)
The happy couple (now let them eat!) :)
My cousin, Pete, with his wife, Amy, and their daughter, Isabel.
Dad and Mom
Liz and I at the head table. (I got several concerned people asking me if I was cold because I wore my sweater. I was a little cold, but I mostly wore it for the benefit of everyone else...because this nursing mom in her chest-hugging strapless dress was a mite va va voom!)
Aunt Liz and Aunt Pauline
Lauren, giving her Maid of Honor speech.
Josh and Cathy, cutting the cake.
Josh and Cathy with his family.
The cake-cutters: Aunt Sue and Aunt Maureen.
Uncle Greg, Aunt Jeanne, Sharon and Trace.
Mara and Great-Uncle Carl Pedro
Virginia, Susan, Jeff, Sharon, Trace, Joey, and Ed
Great-Aunt Lou and Mara
Carl, Great-Uncle Al, Uncle Greg
Josh and Cathy's first dance.
Cathy and Dad's father-daughter dance.
Megan and I, visiting with some of my Koegel cousins.
Uncle Greg and Uncle Larry, having a cigar.
Rebecca, Cathy, Lauren and Liz.
Gina and Great-Aunt Mary.
Our family, doing the Tarantella (a traditional Italian wedding dance.)
The oh so happy couple.




























No comments:
Post a Comment