Sunday, July 22, 2012

Busy Weekend

We had one of those busy weekends, where you don't actually do too much, but it still feels busy and jam-packed.  I worked as much as I could (to catch up from my "maternity leave") and we spent as much time together as possible.


My first big harvest of basil from the herb garden.  I washed it all and trimmed it up, then chopped it up with some olive oil and froze it in ice cube trays  for use this winter in soups and stews.


I made some fresh homemade black bean and veggie salsa, and the boys dug in at snack time. 


Emily is a happy little thing...it's only a couple days until she's 3 months old!


We set up the slip and slide.  Brendan called me outside with a sing-songing "We won't get you wet...promise!"  THIS is what I was met with.  You can bet your buttons that I got wet!


After dousing me with water (thanks mostly in part to Brad!)  I dove right in...


A little light payback for my kiddos.


Megan wasn't a fan of the water-fights at first.  She basically hung back and looked worried for awhile.  Then, Brad and Brendan slowly included her (so she wasn't overwhelmed) and by the time I came out she was running around throwing water too.


Megan, squirt-gunning me.


A wet, and happy, Brendan.  For the next week, several times a day, Brendan would beg me to have water-fights, so I think it's safe to say he had fun.

No comments: