Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011

Happy Halloween! We carved pumpkins a few days beforehand and roasted pumpkin seeds. We've tried on costumes every day for about two weeks (serves me right for getting them out so early!) On Halloween evening we made a couple quick stops at our neighbors and at Becky and Dean's (some family friends) and then headed to Madison for supper and trick-or-treating. (The funniest part of the whole night was on the drive to Madison. Brendan fell asleep, Megan was quietly holding onto her candy bucket and looking out the window, and Brad and I were chatting. After a few minutes, I turned around to check on Megan, only to find her quietly snacking on a Milky Way, chocolate covering her face and hands, and a HUGE smile on her face. It was so funny, I wish I could have gotten a picture! We definitely learned how different Brendan and Megan are last night. With Brendan I just have to say "No candy until after trick-or-treating." and that's that. With Megan...not so much. She was all about the candy!) The weather was pretty good, so the kids did well in just their costumes and the many layers underneath. After trick-or-treating around Gene and Mary's neighborhood we headed to Chuck and Korinne's to say hi. Then it was snack time and pajama time (as well as the all-important handing out candy to the trick-or-treaters time) at Grandma and Grandpa's. Then we headed home. Here are some family pictures...


The kids in their costumes, before we headed to Madison. Brendan is a fireman (for the 3rd year in a row! We couldn't convince him otherwise!) and Megan is a frog.



At Grandma and Grandpa's, headed out trick-or-treating.



Grandpa, with the Strawberry Shortcake mask. Megan called it spooky and wasn't a fan.



The evening was cool and lightly breezy (although not COLD). The moon was perfect and kept peeking out from the clouds (which Megan would laugh about.)



Brendan, handing out candy to the trick-or-treaters. He was so excited about getting to do this. He'd stand at the window, watching for the next kids to come. Once Megan figured out what was going on she had to be a part of it too, but I've never seen a kid as excited to hand out candy as Brendan was.

No comments: