Saturday, October 22, 2011

Visiting Family and Poker Party!

On the weekend of Pete and Amy's Annual Poker Party we split time between Jill and Chuck's and my sisters. On Friday night we watched Alyssa, Marci and Charlie so Jill and Chuck could go out for an evening (or part of an evening, as it turned out!) and on Saturday we headed to stay with my sister, Cathy, and all three of my sisters watched Brendan and Megan while Brad and I played some poker. This poker party isn't just a poker party...it is THE poker party! Everything is very professionally done and the players range from knowledgeable beginners to the kinds of people who go to the casinos every weekend. This year there were about 35 players. I finished 16th (which I was fine with...I hadn't played for about three years, and at least I wasn't one of the first few to go out.) Brad got second out of the whole thing, and won $160. Very exciting! It was a very fun-filled weekend.



Megan and Alyssa, coloring.



Brendan (in the red) and Charlie, playing with cars and building a pillow fort.




Marci and Megan, looking through Marci's baby book.



After Jill and Chuck headed out for the evening, we had a spaghetti, garlic bread, and green bean supper, cleaned up, played, and then decided to watch a short movie. The choice ended up being Fern Gully, and all the kids piled together to watch it in the basement.


That night, Jill and Chuck came home early (the kids were in bed asleep, but they couldn't find a movie they wanted to see, so they rented Bridesmaids and came home.) So, Brad and I hung out with Jill and Chuck on their date night. And as a postscript...I don't typically like mindless, raunchy comedies, but Bridesmaids was hilarious! Brad laughed so hard he cried a couple times (which makes it that much funnier for me!) I recommend this movie for a laugh (NO kids around, though!)



Saturday, we headed to Cathy's house. After setting up the kids' sleeping arrangements and having an early supper, Brad and I headed to Pete and Amy's poker party. My sisters and kids watched Finding Nemo and played until bedtime.




Zizzi Lizzy, scratching Brendan's back.



Brendan, actually touching the dogs. Usually he prefers to leave them alone. My sisters must have bribed him with candy or something (just kidding, girls!)

No comments: