Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July 2013

Here are some family pictures from July 2013...


Me, holding my niece, Alexa, in the hospital.  I was able to spend a little time with Cathy while she was laboring, and it's something that I'll never forget


Megan and Brendan, being silly on the porch. 


Megan with Alexa. 


Brendan with Alexa. 


Emily, getting a close-up look at Nona holding Alexa. 


Every once in awhile I just stop in amazement at how big Brendan is getting.  I swear it was just yesterday that he could fit on my lap...and now he has to contort himself  in order to sleep in a rocking chair.  Man, does time go quickly.


We've figured out plenty of water activities to keep us busy.  The slip-n-slide and squirt guns are the favorites, but I broke out the sprinkler one hot day and Brendan and Megan amused themselves for most of the afternoon.  Megan isn't too fond of the spray right away and will stay on the peripheral, but she usually warms up to it after awhile (and getting to chase mom through it helps too!)


Brendan loves the sprinkler (any sprinkler...he'll search them out during our walks if I let him) and he thought it was funny to stick his head in ours.


Jason and Tami came to the cities to babysit the kids for me during my first week of radiation.  We had a blast...the kids got to play, I got to visit (and take a nap!), they made delicious food for us, we celebrated Brendan's birthday, and they helped stock my grandparents house with some essentials.  We also enjoyed some Dairy Queen, courtesy of Aunt Janet, who stopped by on her way from Michigan to Appleton, MN.  Above, Tami and I took the girls on a walk.


Emily.


Megan and Signe. 


Brendan cuddling with Alexa. 


Megan rocking Alexa. 


Brendan and Megan begged me to let them eat the last of the Dilly Bars that Janet left us.  So, we headed outside for some DQ treats.  I told them to get as dirty as they wanted...and they happily obliged! 


Megan, enjoying her Dilly Bar.  (As you can see, she nibbled off the chocolate first, then attacked the vanilla ice cream.  Smart girl.  Except for the whole melting thing!) 


Sweet corn!  We love sweet corn in our family.  Above, Brendan is conquering an ear. 


Megan is our biggest sweet corn enthusiast.  The only thing she doesn't like is it getting in her teeth. 


Emily had one of her first experiences with corn on the cob.  I sliced some off for her, but she much preferred to eat it off the cob, like her siblings. 


Ummm...she doesn't have the technique down quite yet...but there was no telling her otherwise! 


 Isn't reading big sister's books on her bed so much fun?!


Look at those eyes!  And that hair!  *Sigh* I just love this girl. 


...and there's my goofy girl again.  She's happiest when she makes you laugh.
Okay, okay...enough fawning over my children... 


One morning the city crew were planting new trees on the boulevard in front of my grandparent's house.  The kids got a close-up view of them using the tractor digger, and they were glued to the window for a large part of the morning.


No comments: