Thursday, April 19, 2012

Oh, kids...

It seems that lately there have been many cute/funny/really funny things coming out of my kids' mouths. I remembered to write down a couple of them...

Brendan:
"Mom, I'm kinda like Porky Pig....how I sometimes start...and stop...and start...and stop..."
(big smile, run out of the room, Mom pretty much falls on the floor laughing because, when Brendan gets really excited and is trying to tell me something, it's very, very true.)

I was scanning some pictures from my parents' wedding album when Brendan came in one evening. He watched me for a minute, then started looking through the album. He came to a picture of my parents with my dad's grandmother and he paused. He pointed at the young bride (my mom) and asked, "Who's that?"
"That's Nona," I replied.
"Her face kinda looks like your face...but she looks new here. Now she looks older." And out of the room he walked.

Megan:
(Brad had taken Brendan to Jason and Tami's house overnight, so it was just Megan and I for about 24 hours. We were sitting down, eating supper, and she turned to me...)
"Mom, who's your best friend?"
I say, "Daddy."
Megan replies, "You're my best friend (thoughtful pause)...and I love you."
Awwwwwww...I'll remember this one when you're 12-17, little girl.

Brendan also has very interesting thoughts when he wakes up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. He's scared of the dark, so he usually calls me to go with him (we'll break him of this habit...one of these days...) Typically, he's doing his bathroom thing in a state of complete grogginess, then suddenly his eyes open wide, his head jerks up, and out comes a question or comment. Here are just a handful of the middle-of-the-night thoughts/questions he's had in the last week...
"Mom, what does a question mark look like?"
"Mom, why do some groupers eat people?" (Thank you River Monsters.)
"Mom, Auntie Dooney has a cat."
"Mom, what does g-u-m spell?"
"Mom, Nona is your mom."
"Mom, why do some people hurt other people?"
"Mom, what's an exclamation mark?"
Oh, the mind of a groggy four-and-a-half-year-old.

No comments: