Sunday, November 1, 2009

The cutest thing ever...

Last Friday was a rough morning for me. I had gotten four hours of sleep the night before due to Megan and Brendan tag-teaming me with waking up. I was tired. I was emotional. I tried my best to keep it to myself. Brad came home for lunch and we were just sitting down to eat. I had missed breakfast and so I was at that point where even gnawing on my own hand was starting to sound good. As I was literally sitting down to eat, my wonderful husband spilled a bunch of ketchup on the floor. He was just announcing the fact to me when Brendan accidentally spilled his whole cup of milk on the floor too. I had to turn away so I didn't have a melt-down in front of my family (over ketchup and milk? Yep...over ketchup and milk...) and Brendan looks over at me with huge eyes and says "Don't want to go in the corner, mommy!" (hmmmm...too much discipline lately?) I told him it was an accident and then started to clean it up (while my stomach started to digest itself because I was so hungry!) I must have looked pretty devastated, because Brendan then worriedly and sweetly says, "Don't cry, mommy. I love you, mommy." Being a mommy is the best.

No comments: