Saturday, April 13, 2013

The Benefit

A huge thank you to my amazing friend, Charlee, and her team of helpers, for putting together my benefit on Saturday, April 13th, 2013.  It was the perfect day...I felt great (who wouldn't, with all those hugs?!) and I was blessed to get to see so many people that I love.

When Charlee first approached me about the idea of a benefit  I didn't know what to think.  Because, you see, in my traditional, Midwestern mind, it was supposed to go like this: I'd grow up, go to college, hopefully meet "the one", get married, have kids, work hard, and take care of those around me.  It was NOT supposed to be: grow up, go to college, get married, have kids, get cancer, and have others take care of me.  It was challenging for me to accept the concept that, with all that everyone is already doing for me, there could be more.  But, as my sister-in-law, Tami, said, "Noelle, put yourself in our shoes!" and I realized that I would be there is a second for any of my friends and family.So I tried to work on gracious receiving.

I'd like to thank:
My husband.  God is our strength, but Brad is my love and my laughter and so much of my personal strength as well.
My children.  Hopefully they won't remember much about this whole ordeal.  They're my daily reminder of how much sleep I need-no, wait!-they're my reminder of why I'm here.
Our families.  Our parents, siblings, extended families and friends.  You've done so much for us, and given so much love and support (and you're also the reason food continues to fall out of the freezer onto me when I open the door!)
Thank you to those who came to the benefit out of the goodness of your hearts.  You have no idea how much it means to us, and what it will continue to mean in the years to come as the medical bills continue to come.  We won't forget your generosity and thoughtfulness...and we will pay it forward.

Thank you for taking care of me.


 With my brother-in-law, Jason, who shaved his head for me.


 The Crea/Koosmann gals.


With Judy Collier (my middle school physical education teacher and mother of friend Erin), who manned the t-shirt table.


Megan, enjoying a large chocolate-covered marshmallow on a stick. 


A hug from Julie, one of my best friends. 


My sister-in-law, Tami, and her youngest gal, Signe. 


A big hug from the mom of my childhood "bosom buddy" Ingrid Overchuck. 


With Heidi Williamson and her son, David. 


With my beautiful Charlee. 


You've gotta love a guy in pink! 


With my cousin, Rose. 


With some of the Crea family. 


Brad, with some of our best friends (Tom, Angie, and Julie) who manned the bake sale tables. 


 With my youngest sister, Cathy.


Basically jumping up and down with joy over getting to see Joe and Jill. 


With Mr. B. 


With my cousin, Margie. 


With Mallory, my cousin Sherry's daughter.


Brendan and Matthew. 


With two of my best college friends (Krista and Jill)  Having these two ladies show up (and their husbands Nathan and Joe...and their kiddos) brought me to tears.  I definitely wasn't expecting it.


The benefit sign. 


Trying to find the words to thank everyone.


A view of some of the benefit.


Brendan, Reese and Marni, enjoying the spoils of the bake sale.

No comments: