Wednesday, August 31, 2011

August 2011

Here are some family pictures from August 2011...


Megan, enjoying some corn on the cob. Once she realized everyone else got to eat it on the cob that was the only way she would eat it. She loves it!



Brendan, chomping on his own corn cob.



One afternoon, after running errands, I stopped at Burger King and got two small ice cream sundaes, which we shared while sitting in the garage. There wasn't much talking going on here...mostly eating (and some spilling where Megan was concerned!)



I made cinnamon rolls one morning as a treat for Brad and the kids (I don't really care for them.) It's a little hard to tell, but halfway through his roll, Brendan was covered in frosting from nose to chin.



Megan has just discovered how much fun playing dress-up can be. Her favorite are the clip-on earrings from my Great-Aunt. She has me put them on, she runs around and laughs, then pulls them off and asks me to put them back on her. It's a fun game we play over and over and over...



My pretty Megan.




Brendan, making his "funny face."



A harvest from our garden. We have regular and cherry tomatoes, wax beans, green beans, eggplant, sweet peas, cucumbers, green peppers, homemade refrigerator dill pickles (no, those didn't grow in the garden, but the cucumbers did!) and the very end of our rhubarb. Yum!



Um, what?! Yes, pregnant. A couple weeks after this we were at our doctor for Brendan's 4-year well visit and Dr. Hanna asked if there were any significant changes going on. I told him that I thought I was pregnant. He asked, "You think you're pregnant?" I said, "Ummm, well, five pregnancy tests told us I am, so, yeah, I guess." Smooth, Noelle.



40 tomatoes. Carrots, onion, celery, mushrooms, green pepper. Half a day standing at a hot stove cooking and canning spaghetti sauce. Two jars of homemade sauce. Rethinking the practicality of my time spent making spaghetti sauce. This is one dang precious commodity though!

No comments: