Brendan constantly amuses us with his endless amount of questions, many of them reoccurring. He's at that age where he's just starting to realize there's much more to the world than what's in front of him, so he constantly asks about animals, water, things growing, how our bodies work, and where things, like specific kinds of food, come from. Here's just a sample of questions that I managed to write down in the five minute ride from town to our house (Brad was driving) the other day...
"Why do fish live in the water and then we catch them?"
"Why is there seaweed in the water where we swim and we get it on our toes" (followed by him recounting the story of when his cousin Marci got a leech between her toes ("what a naughty leech!") from over three months ago.)
"Why do trucks pull trailers?"
"Why do other people live in Montevideo, just like us?"
"Why do trees get big from water that they drink?"
"Does the ocean need lots and lots of water so it can be deep for the dolphins and the whales and the sharks?"
"Why do skunks spray?" (this is a repeater question that I get at least twice a day)
"Why does my tummy say "I'm full!" [said in a deep, growly voice]?"
"After we're done eating, why do we wash our hands"
And then, after I used the word 'ridiculous' (not about him...although he was bordering on it), he laughed and said, "Ridiculous...that's a funny word!"
Ahhhhh...3-year-olds...
No comments:
Post a Comment