Saturday, March 7, 2015

College Friends Get-Together

I know I've mentioned it before, but there are a group of college friends that I have that absolutely represent my last couple of years at Concordia.  It's one of those stories where the guys are all friends...the girls are all friends...and somehow (well...lead by Scott and Sara, I'd say!) we all meshed up into this perfectly wonderful bunch of couples.  We're all different, and we've all gone down different paths since college...moving away, moving back, additional schooling, having families, etc.  Sometimes we don't see each other or get to talk for years on end.  But when we find a time to all meet up...it's like no time has passed at all (except that all of these little kids keep following us around!) :)  We all got together early in March for a weekend at a hotel, and it was wonderful.  Our kids (who had never been all together at once) were behaving like the best of friends after five minutes.  We swam, we talked, we ate, we laughed, and we teased Jim.  And--except for a few moments when we couldn't find Emily (but we did!)-- I had a smile on my face all weekend.  I was so busy having fun that I didn't get many pictures...so we'll just have to do it again soon so we can get some!


As Jill said, "The product of 'some guys' from college."
We were able to get a group picture of the kids before eating at The Old Spaghetti Factory. 


Jim, chilling out with his bud, Eli, on our walk to The Old Spaghetti Factory.


After the previous evening and a full day of swimming, we were all ready for a little down time.  So, we put on a movie for the kids in one room and were then able to have some adult time in the adjoining room.


Emily wasn't as interested in watching a movie, but Jill came to the rescue by sharing Eli's episodes of Paw Patrol with her.  Paw Patrol is one of her favorite things (even though we no longer get cable).  She was in heaven, and giggled her way through several episodes, giving the mommy's time to visit.



Meanwhile, "the daddies" slipped back to the days of 1013 with an evening of cards, beer, laughs, and plenty of razzing Jim.


And "the moms" got to sit together and visit.  So. Needed.


Emily, ready for a swim.


Thanks to MaKenna's enthusiasm, Megan couldn't get enough of the water slides.


Megan


Brad and Brendan


Brendan, working on his upper body strength.


Eli, showing who's master of the pool.


No comments: