Thursday, May 24, 2012

Falcon Event and Softball

The Montevideo ECFE brought in a Falcon Show from the cities, and after I heard about it from a friend of mine, we packed up and headed to one of the showings.  It worked out well because Brad had a softball game afterwards and the field is right across the street from the school.  We were about fifteen minutes late (due to squeezing in supper once Brad got home from work), but we still were able to see three out of the five birds they brought for the show.  Then we headed to the softball field and watched Brad's first game.  I was a little nervous about handling three kids during the game (and not causing tons of disruptions), but Emily slept the whole time, and Brendan and Megan were very good.  Two thumbs up for our first family outing!


Megan, hamming it up during the Falcon Show.


A Great Horned Owl.


Taking in the Falcon Show.  Megan dug a small notebook and pen out of my purse, telling me that she "needed to take notes."


After a quick feeding in the van and spitting up all over my shirt, Emily snoozed all through the show.  I had to take this picture because I, unwittingly, make this face sometimes when I'm concentrating (with the tongue slightly protruding) and Brad constantly gives me grief about it.  Poor girl has too many of my characteristics already!


Brad started stretching for his softball game, and Brendan informed me that he needed to warm up to, so he started stretching with Brad.


An adolescent male Bald Eagle.


The trainer with the Bald Eagle.


Brad, out in center field, waiting to be a superstar.

No comments: