Friday, January 13, 2012

Goldleaf Chanhassen Weekend

Alas, I have no pictures of this fun-filled 24-hours, but it was the best mini-vacation I've had in I-can't-remember-how-long (okay...probably since this time last year...) Goldleaf, the company Brad works for, gives it's employees the amazing gift of an evening at Chanhassen Dinner Theatre, followed by an overnight at a hotel, as their Christmas gift every year. What fun! This year we saw Hairpray! Given the fact that I hadn't seen Hairspray! ever before, coupled with the fact that we wouldn't treat ourselves to Chanhassen Dinner Theatre and an overnight away, it makes for an evening I look forward to every year. Brad's parents were kind enough to watch the kids for us and Brad and I headed to the cities kid-free (well...the drive wasn't that different from normal...I slept pretty much the whole way and Brad listened to KFAN...pretty much the norm!), then we settled into our hotel room, went swimming, took a nap, and got ready for an evening out. The show was very good and the food was wonderful (artichoke dip appetizer with a prime rib meal for me, artichoke dip appetizer with surf and turf meal for Brad). Neither Brad or I slept all through the night, and Brad was up at 7:30am because he couldn't sleep, but I didn't mind. We had a nice breakfast and then did a little shopping (Brad got a new coat). We even randomly ran into some good friends (hi Kearneys!) at the Kohls in Eden Prairie. And we ended our fun-filled 24-hours with a late lunch at Chipotle. Yum!

No comments: