Thursday, March 24, 2011

Teddy Bear Band

We've had a busy week! We've gone to the circus, we've hosted a couple of playdates, I worked one day and the kids went to daycare, we went to the LQPV Parents Expo and Teddy Bear Band, and we've been able to spend some time with family. Whew! I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend and a Sunday supper playdate with the Ziedlers. This post is about the Parents Expo and Teddy Bear Band (which we were able to go to with Gene, Mary, Marni and Reese.) We checked out the Expo tables, ate a baked potato supper, and got our faces painted (well...Marni, Reese and I got our faces painted...Brendan and Megan said they wanted to and then wouldn't let the girl near them. At least Marni, Reese and I matched, otherwise I would have just been the the weird adult who got her face painted!) After the Expo they had the Teddy Bear Band! We ran into Brad's cousins Corey (with Kayla and Gracyn) and Jodi (with Ryan and Harper) and the kids loved dancing and running around with their cousins and with their stuffed animals. It was a fun event.


Marni and her flower face painting.



Reese and Grandma (Mary).




The Teddy Bear Band, surrounded by youngsters.




The kids running around and dancing (l->r: Marni, Megan, Brendan and Reese.)




More dancing with the cousins.




Marni and Megan.




Megs and her baby.




Reese, dancing with a baby.




Megan was in absolute awe of the large panda bear that came out and danced during some of the songs. The panda bear lead a conga line around the gymnasium and Megan had to toddle right with them, trying to get to the bear. She never actually got to touch him (I'd grab her and the bear would disappear), but she single-mindedly tried to get to him during most of the evening.




My face flower (on the ride home.) Megan liked seeing it on me, but both she and Brendan sure weren't going to let her paint on their faces...no matter how hard I tried to coax them. So I, alone, was the face-painted one in our family.

No comments: