We almost didn't make it to the cities on Tuesday for my Oncology appointment.
Because of this...
...and this...
...and this.
The first substantial snowfall of the season. It was beautiful. Big, fluttery snowflakes. The outside blanketed in white. Trees that look like sculptures. I know it sounds incredibly dramatic...but I wasn't sure I'd see snow again. Even with my original cancer behind me, a tiny thought-bubble follows you around (I use it for focus on appreciation), but it whispers to you, "Will I see snow again?" "Will I see a beautiful sunset over Rose Lake again?" "Will my kids present me with a huge handful of dandelions again?" Like I said, a little dramatic...but it follows you around nonetheless.
Last April we got a late-season snowfall...just enough to coat everything and make it white. I'm sure it melted the next day. But I threw on my boots and marched out into it, catching snowflakes on my tongue and making a snowball that I threw at the garage door. I thought to myself, "This could be the last snowfall I see. And isn't it perfect?" And every time someone would complain about the fact that it was April and we were still getting snow in Minnesota, I would smile to myself and send a little prayer of gratitude up, for what could have been
anyone's last snowfall.
1 comment:
Your writing is so beautiful and so true. Thinking of you and praying constantly! Ann
Post a Comment