Monday, March 31, 2014

March 2014

Here are some family photos from March 2014...

The orchid that my mom gave me when Megan was born (4 1/2 years ago...can you believe it?!) is flowering beautifully. 


We Koosmann's are quite exciting...there's nothing like a family vacuuming session! 


Popcorn (which the boys have packed in their cheeks!) and Battleship night! (Thank you to Gene and Mary, who were watching the girls overnight, again, while I was healing and under the lifting restriction.)


Brendan, practicing tying his shoelaces.  He's got it down and now wears tie shoes to school!


We all (Jill and Chuck and kids, Jason and Tami and kids, and us) congregated at Gene and Mary's for the weekend.  One of the hits of the weekend was Mario Brothers on the Wii (when the kids weren't playing outside, eating, or running around the house in packs.)  Brad and Jason even got the chance to show the kids their Mario moves.

It is so much fun to watch the kids interact as they're getting older.  They're delighted to be playing with one another (despite some of the tiredness that creeps in-at least with my kids-after the second full day.)  Alyssa practiced her babysitting skills on Emily, and Marci chipped in too.  I know everyone is partial to their families, but these are all such amazing kids...and it's such a joy to see how unique each is as they grow older.


Reese and Megan, watching Frozen.


Signe and Emily enjoyed some time crawl-chasing each other up and down the hallway, giggling the whole time.  I couldn't get a good picture mid-chase because they were moving...which was just fine, because it was more fun to watch them then take pictures!


It was fun to watch Emily and Signe show their first real signs of playing together.  Emily tends to be a toy-stealer, although Signe held her own just fine...I suppose two older sisters conditions that!



On Sunday afternoon, when we were back home, the weather was warm.  After we put Emily down for her nap, Brad and I headed outside to do some spring cleaning in the vehicles and Brendan and Megan ran around, enjoying the melting snow and some of the summer toys they haven't seen in months.  At one point, they asked me to draw "that hopping game" with chalk.  


After I refreshed them on the rules of Hopscotch (or at least what I could remember or make up) they played for over a half hour.

No comments: