Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

We enjoyed Thanksgiving at the Crea farm this year. Most of my extended Crea family was there, which was a lot of fun, as we don't get to see each other that often. Brad, the kids and I made the drive on Thursday morning. The weather was good, the roads were fine, and we made it in under four hours. We spent Thanksgiving eating, visiting, playing cards, and watching movies with the kids. That night, after the kids had gone to bed, my sisters and I played Twister. On Friday, my mom and sister, Liz, and I went to Menards for some of their Black Friday specials. That afternoon we took Brendan (Brad stayed back with Megan, who had the beginnings of a cold) and cut down the Crea family Christmas tree. It was bitterly cold out, but we survived! On Saturday we put up the tree and decorated it. Then we headed back home and spent Sunday decorating our own house for Christmas. The time off went too quickly, but it was a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.



Megan and her beloved nuk. She calls it her "ni ni," and she collapses in delighted giggles when she gets it.


My cousin-in-law, Amy, and her beautiful daughter, Isabel. Isabel liked the puppy, Brodie, who my sister, Cathy, is fostering. Brodie liked Isabel too, and gave her lots of kisses on her hands.


Megan, reading her Papa a book.



Brendan finally got to hang out with Matthew again. Here they are, playing airplane.

Megan and I.


After dinner visiting. (l->r clockwise: mom, dad, Uncle Larry, Jen, Aunt Jeanne)


The cousins playing pinnochle with Grandma (clockwise from front: Grandma, Peter, Julie, Amy.) Later, Grandma, Uncle Greg, Uncle Larry and I played.



Brendan and Matthew watching Toy Story 3 together.


All the kids (hee hee) watching Toy Story 3. (l->r: Kaitlyn, Mary, Sebastian, Cathy, Julianna, Daniel, Brendan, Matthew, Lauren)

My cousin, Rose, and her son, Andrew.

Megan and Auntie Dooney.

Brendan and Godmother Auntie Dooney. I love this picture!

Our family...Megan (13 months), myself, Brad, and Brendan (3 1/2)


My Crea family...(clockwise, l->r: Lucy (dog), Dad, Liz, Cathy, Lauren, Megan, myself, Brad, Brendan, Mom, Dozer (dog) and Gracie (dog).)


The four sisters: Liz, Cathy, Lauren, Noelle.


Brendan and Kaitlyn, concentrating on Like It or Lump It.


The Crea sisters after-Thanksgiving Twister Match.

And the eldest (that's me!) emerges victorious!!!!! (Okay, okay...I won a game, Lauren won a game, and Cathy won two games...but she cheats!!! And Liz just gets pushed around.)

Brendan helping Nona put away the Thanksgiving decorations.


Brendan loves Nona's chili!


Megan (she's 13 1/2 months).


Megan playing with the puppies.


Beautiful Miss Chubby Cheeks is saying, "What are YOU looking at?"


Zizzi Liz helping Brendan stay out of the wind when searching for the right Christmas tree to get.

Aunty Doonie keeping puppy Brodie warm (or is it vice versa?)


Papa and Brendan, cutting down the Christmas tree. Yes, Brendan is using a real saw. Yes, my dad gave it to him to use. Yes, I was having spaz attacks watching him (ME...never!) No, nobody got hurt (except the tree!)


All the girls (and Dozer, who might as well be one, and Brodie) watching the tree cutting.


There was a small cabin where you could warm up, so I took Brendan inside and they have all kinds of Christmas items for sale. Brendan was enthralled with the reindeer (above.)


Brendan and I (and Santa.)


Brendan and Papa.


Brendan and Papa (again), lounging on the couch together.


Brendan had the honors of putting the star on the Christmas tree this year.


Brendan is giving a huge, heartfelt hug to his daddy.


Zizzi Cathy made sure Megan got in on the Christmas tree decorating.


Brendan, admiring his Christmas tree decorating handiwork.

No comments: