Monday, November 29, 2010

November 2010

Here are some family pictures from November 2010:


Megan's first time playing with playdough (and my first time making homemade playdough...which I highly recommend. It's very easy.) Megan played around with it between her fingers for about 30 seconds, then shoved it into her mouth. At which point I yelped, fished it out, and showed her how to play with it. At which point she tried to eat it again. So I took it away and gave her some playdough toys to play with instead. Yeah...I know I'm no fun...


Brendan playing with the homemade playdough.

Brendan's playdough creation. He was very proud of it.


Brendan, pretending to be a construction worker.


My parents came out one weekend in November and my dad was on a mission to remodel our attached garage. This is what it looked like before (minus all the hanging stuff I took off the walls.)


Brad and Dad putting up pressboard and re-hanging shelves.


While the guys worked in the garage and my mom watched the kids, I tackled the garden. I got rid of all the plants, tilled it up, and composted shredded leaves into it. It's a funky looking garden, I know, but I plan on getting rid of the pine tree (too much shade for the garden), tilling it into a rectangular garden shape, edging it, fencing it, and adding a side herb garden and raspberry patch. All projects for next year. I can't wait!


Brad giving Megan a cuddle.


Megan learning to hit a baseball (Brendan taught her.)


Megan and I playing Little People farm (she loves the animal noises the barn makes.)


Megan's favorite Christmastime hiding spot.


Brendan putting the star on our tree.


Brendan admiring our tree. The majority of the decorations (beads and most of the ornaments) had to be moved upward, to safer heights, as both kids showed a very healthy interest in pulling things off the tree this year (I'm not sure which kid taught which!) They each had a couple of ornaments we kept down low that they could play with, and they loved making the bells ring.

No comments: